Saturday, October 20, 2012

Elements of Art

One of our IBO units is called - How We Express Ourselves. At year 4 we developed a unit around around the central idea:
People use many different forms of expression to convey their uniqueness as human beings.
An inquiry into the ways we express ideas, feelings and values.

The unit encompassed an art history timeline, up-skilling on the elements of art, a visit to the city gallery and researching a famous artist of choice. Students produced a brochure about their artist and exhibited art work they created, in the school art exhibition. A pretty full-on unit for 6 weeks.

I spent hours and hours scouring the internet for ideas on teaching the elements of art and accumulated them in a slideshow for my students. I am now slowly tidying up these resources and including samples of original work from my students and own daughters, and then posting them onto TpT.
You can find them in my store by clicking on "SEE ALL" on the Teachers Pay Teachers button to the right.

These are the two elements that I have posted so far.

Let's Learn About Colour:
Let's Learn about Line:

There is one coming on Texture soon.
I have put these up at an introductory price of $4.95 till the end of this year. Happy Christmas everyone !


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis